Apply in minutes
Already have an account? Login
Apply for $2000 CaptainU
- Student-athlete must be currently enrolled in a high school or junior college.
- Student-athlete must be planning to attend a four-year university.
- Student-athlete must complete a free CaptainU profile by filling out the form to the right.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
One student-athlete is selected each quarter based on the following criteria:
- Profile completeness
- Recruiting activity
- Promotion of CaptainU
Scholarship recipient will be announced on the CaptainU Facebook page. Like the page to receive updates.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Thirteen years of age or older as of the date of entry to be considered for CaptainU.com scholarship awards.
- You must provide your mailing address so that we can send you paperwork to complete if you are selected as a scholarship recipient.
- To be awarded a scholarship, a recipient must enroll at an accredited college or university located in the United States. Scholarships proceeds will be remitted to that school during the summer before the student attends. The summer before the recipient attends the college or university, they will need to complete a Payment Form that says which school they will be attending, and specifically where at the school to send the award payment. If this form is not completed, the award will not be disbursed, and the recipient may forfeit the award.
- By applying for a scholarship, applicant grants CaptainU.com permission to post their name on CaptainU.com or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and submit a publicity release granting CaptainU permission to use their photo on CaptainU.com and in other marketing communications.
- In order to ensure a fair and equitable selection process, CaptainU may retain the services of a third-party scholarship administrator to select and notify scholarship recipients, to verify recipient information, and to remit scholarship proceeds to an accredited university or college. CaptainU.com and/or its designated third-party scholarship-selection service have sole discretion of selecting scholarship recipients.
- Please note that intercollegiate athletic participation in college is not a precondition for this scholarship and athletic ability will not be a consideration in determining who the award goes to.
- The scholarship abides and does not interfere with NCAA elegibility requirements since the recipient's choice of institutions is not restricted by the donor of the aid; and there is no direct connection between the donor and the student-athlete's institution (NCAA Bylaw 18.104.22.168)
- CaptainU.com reserves the right to change the scholarship programs at any time, including available scholarships, deadlines, requirements, award amounts or other program details.