Create a free CaptainU profile
to apply for our scholarship
$2,000 Student-Athlete Scholarship
The $2,000 CaptainU Student-Athlete Scholarship is open to all student-athletes (Freshmen – Seniors + Junior College) who plan to attend a 4 year college.
- Students must be currently enrolled in high-school or junior college
- Students must be planning to attend a four year university
- Students must complete a free CaptainU Profile by filling out form to the right
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
One student will be selected each quarter. Your application will be judged on 1) profile completeness; 2) recruiting activity on CaptainU & 3) promotion of CaptainU. We will announce the winner on our Facebook fan page. One entry per person. The winner will be selected on June 30, 2013
The Top Applicants Will do 5 things
2) Add 5 or more colleges to your college list
3) Add 2 upcoming event to your events tab – this can be a game, camp or tournament you are playing in
4) Like our page so you can receive scholarship updates
5) Post a Facebook status update about how CaptainU is helping your college recruiting
CaptainU is the leading college sports recruiting platform that helps over 400,000 top student-athletes get to the next level. Our platform allows you to create a recruiting profile, connect with 16,000 college coaches, and make a college team. We also help connect students with recruiting video, scholarships and college admissions.
Terms and conditions
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Thirteen years of age or older as of the date of entry to be considered for CaptainU.com scholarship awards.
- You must provide your mailing address so that we can send you paperwork to complete if you are selected as a scholarship recipient.
- To be awarded a scholarship, a recipient must enroll at an accredited college or university located in the United States. Scholarships proceeds will be remitted to that school during the summer before the student attends. The summer before the recipient attends the college or university, they will need to complete a Payment Form that says which school they will be attending, and specifically where at the school to send the award payment. If this form is not completed, the award will not be disbursed, and the recipient may forfeit the award.
- By applying for a scholarship, applicant grants CaptainU.com permission to post their name on CaptainU.com or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and submit a publicity release granting CaptainU permission to use their photo on CaptainU.com and in other marketing communications.
- In order to ensure a fair and equitable selection process, CaptainU may retain the services of a third-party scholarship administrator to select and notify scholarship recipients, to verify recipient information, and to remit scholarship proceeds to an accredited university or college. CaptainU.com and/or its designated third-party scholarship-selection service have sole discretion of selecting scholarship recipients.
- Please note that intercollegiate athletic participation in college is not a precondition for this scholarship and athletic ability will not be a consideration in determining who the award goes to.
- The scholarship abides and does not interfere with NCAA elegibility requirements since the recipient's choice of institutions is not restricted by the donor of the aid; and there is no direct connection between the donor and the student-athlete's institution (NCAA Bylaw 188.8.131.52)
- CaptainU.com reserves the right to change the scholarship programs at any time, including available scholarships, deadlines, requirements, award amounts or other program details.
© 2012 CaptainU. All rights reserved.